Search This Blog

zaterdag 4 augustus 2012

'Jersey Shore' Gets Season 6 Premiere Date

MTV announced Friday that "Jersey Shore" will return for its sixth season Oct. 4, and that its spinoff, "Snooki & JWOWW" will be back for a second season.

The new scripted comedic drama “Underemployed,” meanwhile, will premiere Oct. 16, and the new docu-series “Catfish: The TV Show” debuts Nov. 12. It will air at 10 p.m. and be followed at 11 by the new season of "World of Jenks."

"Money From Seasons" was also renewed for a second season.

MTV made the announcements at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.

The network also announced that Kris Polaha ("Life Unexpected," "Ringer") will guest on two episodes of "Awkward" beginning next Thursday.


Charisma Carpenter, Survivor of Violent Attack, Hosting Show About Fighting Back

Charisma Carpenter is frighteningly qualified to host a new series about people who fought back against attackers: She escaped a serial rapist 20 years ago and gave police a key piece of evidence against him.

The "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" veteran has signed on to host the Investigation Discovery series "I Survived Evil," which is a working title. The series will begin filming its 10-episode first season this month.

Carpenter was a 22-year-old former San Diego Chargers cheerleader when she and two male friends were attacked by an armed police officer, Henry Hubbard Jr., while swimming at San Diego’s Torrey Pines State Beach in 1991. They resisted Hubbard, and Carpenter's two friends were shot and seriously wounded.

People magazine wrote about the attack in 1992. It described how Hubbard, wearing a nylon stocking over his head, ordered Carpenter to tie up one of her friends. Then he ordered her to bind the other man's hands with a belt.

When she refused, he pressed a pistol to her temple. Eventually, he "handed her his heavy-duty flashlight and knelt to do the job himself," People wrote. One of Carpenter's friends lunged at the gunman, and the other joined in. Hubbard shot both men, but he also accidentally shot himself in the left hand, then fled.

Hubbard was arrested when he and his wife went to an emergency room hours later, seeking treatment for his injury. He claimed he had been jumped, but investigators were suspicious because he had sand on his clothes. He also had bite marks that matched the teeth of one of the men who fought back.

A key piece of evidence was his police-issue flashlight -- with his name on it -- which Carpenter had brought from the beach.

Hubbard was sentenced to 56 years in prison for the attacks and a series of rapes and robberies.

"The fact that Charisma has personally lived through the tragic nightmare of being attacked – and thankfully, is willing to share her ordeal with our viewers – makes her the perfect host for 'I Survived Evil,'" said Henry Schleiff, president and general manager of Investigation Discovery. "In addition to being a face that her loyal 'Buffy' fans will recognize, Charisma adds an important layer of depth and perspective to this series that only a survivor truly could.”

"I Survived Evil" is produced by Cineflix (I Survived) Inc. for Investigation Discovery. Nick Godwin and Simon Lloyd are executive producers for Cineflix. For Investigation Discovery, Pamela Deutsch is executive producer, Sara Kozak is senior vice president of production and Schleiff is president and general manager. Carpenter is represented by APA Talent and Literary Agency.


Soul II Soul join Channel 4's DJ 'House Party' takeover

Soul II Soul have been added to the lineup of Channel 4's House Party, a six-hour late night special that will feature DJs taking over the channel.

Channel 4 has promised that the transmission will provide a "clubbing experience like no other". "This is not a programme about clubbing; this is the club," said the broadcaster.

There will be no ad breaks, no studio audience and no commentary during the broadcast, which turns the television into the ultimate DJ booth.

Channel 4 arts commissioner Tabitha Jackson said: "There are four things about this all-nighter that excite me. Firstly, almost every element is uncharted territory: from the visual artists having to transform our screens by responding live to the DJs; to the scale of the real-time on-screen and online interactivity; to the DJs having to reach directly into our living rooms rather than playing to a venue. If we can pull it off, we will have created a pretty unique experience.

"Secondly, great DJing is about much more than just hitting play and standing there with your hands in the air. We are about to get up close and personal with some of the world's best exponents of the real art of turntablism.

"There's never been a better time for us to throw the ultimate house party, bringing an awesome lineup of talent directly into your living room for free. All you have to worry about is making sure you have enough friends and big speakers."


Big Brother's Conor McIntyre chooses to leave house with £50,000

Conor McIntyre has chosen to leave the Big Brother house with £50,000, after being given the option as part of the 'White Room' task.

The money will be taken out of the eventual winner's £100,000 prize fund.

Conor and Luke Scrase spent 79 hours this week in the White Room, having been told that they had to remain in there to have a chance of winning a pass to the Big Brother final.

Tonight (August 3), the pair were shown a counter with "£0" written on it, and told that the figure would increase for the duration of a minute.

They were then told that, if either of them were to press their buzzer during the minute, that person would win the amount shown on the counter, but would have to leave.

They were also informed that the money would be taken from the eventual winner's £100,000 prize fund.

If neither pressed their button, they would both go through to the final.

As the amount increased, Luke S counted 'Mississippis' in an attempt to time the minute.

When the figure of £50,000 was reached and Big Brother indicated that there were five seconds left, both pressed their buttons.

Luke S, seemingly thinking that he had taken the money, grinned at Conor. When Big Brother announced that Conor had in fact beaten him to the buzzer, both contestants held their hands to their faces in shock.

The pair then hugged and Luke S began to cry.

As the Derry contestant walked out with his winnings, Luke S said: "That would have been half yours [if I had hit the buzzer first]," to which Conor simply replied: "Don't worry about anything."

"I'm worried," Luke S said in return.


Ratings: 'Big Brother,' 'Wipeout' Slip vs. Steady Olympics

The 2012 Olympics continued to outpace the 2008 Beijing games and gave NBC an overwhelming victory Thursday night, while CBS's "Big Brother" and ABC's "Wipeout" suffered from the competition of the London games, according to preliminary numbers.

NBC took first place in the advertiser-friendly 18-49 demographic and total viewers with its Olympics coverage, averaging an 11.2 rating/32 share in the demo and 35.7 million total viewers.

Thursday night's games showed an 8 percent boost in the demo compared to the equivalent night of the 2008 Olympics. That's about on par with how the London games have fared against the Beijing games -- so far, the 2012 Olympics are up 7 percent in the demo and 14 percent in total viewers versus the 2008 games.

CBS drew second place in ratings and total viewers with a 1.4/4 and 4.8 million. The network aired repeats throughout the night except for "Big Brother" at 8 p.m., which slipped 14 percent in the demo to tie a season low of 1.9/5 and drew 5.5 million total viewers -- the second-highest total viewership of the night.

Univision grabbed third place in ratings and total viewers with a 1.3/4 and 3.5 million.

ABC came in fourth in ratings and total viewers with a 1.0/3 and 3.1 million. Like CBS, the network opted mostly for repeats, the exception being "Wipeout" at 9 p.m., which dropped 41 percent to a series low of 1.3/4 and attracted 3.8 million total viewers.

Fox, which aired reruns, came in fifth in ratings and total viewers with a 0.6/2 and 1.6 million.


Nick Greenlights 14 Live-Action, Animated and TV Movie Projects

Nickelodeon announced that it has greenlit 14 live-action, animation and TV movie projects Friday, including spinoffs from "iCarly" and "Victorious" and the new Nick at Nite series "Wendell and Vinnie."

The announcements came within an hour of Viacom chief Philippe Dauman's earnings-call promise to analysts that Nick would emerge from its ratings dive. He said the network was rebuilding one timeslot at a time. The new projects will give the company plenty to fill them.

The new shows will begin rolling out this fall and into 2013. They include "Sam & Cat" and "Gibby," featuring "iCarly" and "Victorious" characters, as well as the pilot "Instant Mom" for Nick at Nite. The Nick TV movies "Swindle" and "Nicky Deuce" will begin production later this year.

The CG-animated series "Monsters vs. Aliens" and 2D-series "Sanjay & Craig" have also been greenlit and will be based at Nickelodeon’s Animation Studio in Burbank, Calif.

Nick preschool, meanwhile, has added the animated series "Monty and Norville" and the pilot "Blaze and the Monster Machines."

Here are details of Nickelodeon’s new projects, as provided by the network:


LIVE-ACTION

Current Productions:

Wendell and Vinnie (Nick at Nite series) – iCarly’s Jerry Trainor stars as Vinnie, a lovable, goofball uncle who becomes the guardian to his buttoned-up 12-year-old nephew Wendell (Buddy Handleson, Shake It Up).  Nicole Sullivan (The King of Queens, The Penguins of Madagascar) also stars as Vinnie’s high-strung older sister Wilma.  The comedy series, greenlit for 20 episodes, was written by Jay Kogen (Frasier, George Lopez) and will be executive produced by Aaron Kaplan (GCB, Terra Nova).

You Gotta See This (Nickelodeon series) – Nickelodeon combines the best of the web, behind-the-scenes footage, celebrity interviews, pranks and bloopers in its new series You Gotta See This, premiering this fall.  Hosted by Chris O’Neal and Noah Crawford (stars of How to Rock), the half-hour series rolls all the must-see clips of the week into one hilarious package.  Nickelodeon is currently in production on this 20-episode series in Los Angeles.

Swindle (Nickelodeon movie/working title) – With daring heists, crazy disguises, pie fights and sumo wrestlers, the network greenlights Swindle, an original TV movie featuring an impressive ensemble cast of Nickelodeon stars. When an evil collector cons Griffin out of a million dollar baseball card that could have saved his best friend’s home, he unites a ragtag group of his classmates who need to work as a team to take down the swindler.  Swindle is based on a popular children’s book by Gordon Korman.  Production will commence this fall in Vancouver, Canada.

Nicky Deuce (Nickelodeon movie/working title) – Based on a popular children’s book by The Sopranos’Steve Schirripa and Charles Fleming, Nicky Deuce stars iCarly’s Noah Munck as Nicholas Borelli II, a nerdy, over-protected teen who transforms into the title character.  Nicholas gets caught in the adventure of a lifetime when he spends the summer with an uncle he never knew he had.  Production on this original TV movie will commence this summer in Montreal, Canada.

Pilots:

Sam & Cat (Nickelodeon pilot/working title) – In the comedic spin-off Sam & Cat, from iCarly andVictorious creator Dan Schneider, feisty Sam Puckett (Jennette McCurdy) and daffy Cat Valentine (Ariana Grande) become best buddies and unlikely roommates.

They love their freedom and independence, but quickly realize that fun and adventure do not come cheap.  Rather than get traditional after-school jobs, Sam and Cat become teen entrepreneurs by starting their own babysitting business.

Gibby (Nickelodeon pilot/working title) – Noah Munck reprises his role as Gibby in the spin-off from iCarlycreator Dan Schneider.  In the comedy pilot, Gibby takes a job at The Bixby, a recreational center where kids of all ages hang out, socialize, play sports and take unique classes.  Gibby becomes a mentor to four quirky middle-schoolers, helping them break out of their shells and embrace life in true “Gibbehhh” style.

The Haunted Hathaways (Nickelodeon pilot/working title) -- Life in The Big Easy gets a little more complicated and way more spirited when the Hathaway siblings move into a house occupied by a family of ghosts. The pilot is written by Robert Peacock, who served as writer/producer on several series over the last decade including Reba, The Jeff Foxworthy Show and Coupling.

The Thundermans (Nickelodeon pilot/working title) – Written by Jed Spingarn, The Thundermans follows 13-year-old Phoebe Thunderman, who just wants to be normal, but that’s impossible when she comes from a family of superheroes.  While most superheroes are lucky to have one power, Phoebe happens to have 12. So much for normal!  A longtime producer for Nickelodeon, Spingarn most recently served as co-executive producer of the hit series Big Time Rush and prior to that, produced on Nickelodeon’s The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron:  Boy Genius and Johnny Bravo.

Instant Mom (Nick at Nite pilot/working title) – Instant Mom centers on a 25-year-old party girl who trades in Cosmos for carpools when she marries an older man with kids.  The project is executive produced by Aaron Kaplan (GCB, Terra Nova) with Warren Bell (Ellen, According to Jim, What I Like About You) and Jessica Butler (According to Jim, In Plain Sight) serving as writers/executive producers.


ANIMATION

Nickelodeon, the top producer of television animation in the U.S., is in production on three new series and two new pilots.

Current Productions:

Sanjay & Craig (Nickelodeon series) – A classic tale of boy meets snake, this 20-episode, 2D-animated series follows two best buds who dedicate their lives to becoming the coolest, most rebellious dudes in the neighborhood.  Sanjay & Craig is created by Jim Dirschberger, Jay Howell and Andreas Trolf, and executive produced by Nick alumni Will McRobb and Chris Viscardi (The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Alvin and the Chipmunks).

Monsters vs. Aliens (Nickelodeon series) – An extension of the blockbuster movie, the all-new CG-animated television series features the lovable monsters and a whole new group of nefarious aliens living and working together at Area 50-something.  Greenlit for 26 episodes, the series will be executive produced by Bob Schooley, Mark McCorkle and Brett Haaland (The Penguins of Madagascar).

Monty and Norville (Nickelodeon preschool series/working title) – Monty and Norville follows the adventures of a five-year-old troll named Monty and his dragon friend Norville.

With the help of viewers at home, Monty can use his magic stick to make incredible things happen as long as he uses the right words.  The new animated 26-episode series, created by Adam Peltzman (head writer, Blue’s Clues, The Backyardigans), will introduce a literacy curriculum to Nickelodeon’s preschool audience.

Pilots:

Bad Seeds (Nickelodeon pilot) – From SpongeBob SquarePants alumnus and Chowder creator  Carl Greenblatt, Bad Seeds is about a good bird running with the bad crowd… and having a great time!

Blaze and the Monster Machines (Nickelodeon preschool pilot/working title) – Blaze and the Monster Machines is a CG-animated, interactive program about an eight-year-old boy named AJ and his incredible monster truck Blaze.   AJ, Blaze and their friend Maddie fight their arch nemesis Crusher along with a fleet of other trucks.  The series features a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) curriculum and is created by Jeff Borkin (head writer, Team Umizoomi, Little Einsteins) and Ellen Martin (producer, Bubble Guppies, The Backyardigans).


vrijdag 3 augustus 2012

'Glee's Amber Riley wants to sing 'Circus' for Britney Spears episode

Amber Riley has speculated on what Glee has in store for her character Mercedes on its upcoming Britney Spears episode.

The Fox musical series will air a second tribute episode to Spears during its fourth season airing later this year, though Riley insists she's heard nothing about the potential storyline.

"I don't really keep my ear to the ground for those things," Riley explained to MTV News.

"If it's something they want me to know, they'll let me know. They did all the songs that I really liked in the first one."

Asked if there are any of Spears's songs she might like to take on, Riley answered: "There's so much Britney music. I grew up listening to Britney Spears. She definitely has been a part of my high school years coming up. I would love 'Circus'. 'Circus' is a good one."

Spears made a cameo in her first tribute episode, which aired during Glee's second season.