Search This Blog

maandag 28 november 2011

Angelina Jolie on '60 Minutes': 'I didn't die young, so I'm very lucky'

Angelina Jolie on '60 Minutes': 'I didn't die young, so I'm very lucky'

For some of her "60 Minutes" interview, Angelina Jolie talks about her wild past and how she has settled down now.

"I went through heavy, darker times and I survived them. I didn't die young, so I'm very lucky," says Jolie. When pressed for details, she remains vague.

"Nothing I want to go into a lot of detail about. But people can imagine I did the most dangerous and I did the worst and for many reasons, I shouldn't be here ...too many dangerous things, too many chances taken, too far," she says.

But she does make assurances that she hasn't completely lost her bad girl side.

"I'm still a bad girl. I still have that side of me, it's just in its place now. It belongs to Brad, or it belongs to our adventures," says Jolie.

As for the constant tabloid fodder that is her relationship with Brad Pitt and their six children, she says, "I don't see those [magazines], but I assume they're not me ... I find them quite shallow and often very wrong."

And what's their secret to their successful family? Complimentary work schedules and a great example to draw from in her late mother.

"We never work at the same time," says Jolie, of herself and Pitt. "My mother was a full-time mother. She didn't have much of her own life, everything was for her children. I will never be as good a mother as she was. She was just grace incarnate, the most generous, loving [gets choked up] She's better than me."

Angelina's directorial debut, "In the Land of Blood and Honey," opens Dec. 23.