Search This Blog

zondag 27 november 2011

'Maybe it was something I ate?' Janet Devlin forgets her lyrics on X Factor, blaming the temporary amnesia on the urge to throw-up

'Maybe it was something I ate?' Janet Devlin forgets her lyrics on X Factor, blaming the temporary amnesia on the urge to throw-up

The X Factor nearly turned into a gruesome saga as Janet Devlin thought she was going to throw up onstage.

During the first song Guilty Pleasures round, the Irish teenager sang looked uncomfortable as she battled to remember the lyrics to Hanson's anthemic pop song MMMBop.

After receiving criticism from the judges, the 16-year-old blamed the mishap on 'something I ate'.

Trouble ahead? Janet Devlin might struggle making the semi-final after forgetting her lyrics on live television

Louis Walsh quizzed Janet, saying: 'Did you forget the words? You kind of messed up, but at least you carried on. It wasn't great, but I believe in you.'

Tulisa Contostavlos agreed, adding: 'You look upset, maybe the nerves took over? I found it quite mediocre. I know you're capable of more.'

Brutally honest Gary Barlow slated the performance, quipping: 'It was a real mess. For the second time, you've forgotten the words. You are not a groove vocalist, you shouldn't be singing that.

Even Kelly struggled to find a compliment, saying: 'There's always the second song. You're a fighter, remember that.'

When Dermot pushed on a reason for the temporary amnesia, Devlin said: 'It's not my fault if I feel like I'm going to throw up. Maybe it was something I ate.'

Janet originally forgot the words to her song earlier this month, during a version of Jackson 5 song I Want You Back.