Search This Blog

zondag 25 december 2011

'The Exes' Star Donald Faison Talks Weddings And Divorces

'The Exes' Star Donald Faison Talks Weddings And Divorces

"Scrubs" funnyman Donald Faison is back on TV as a divorced man on TV Land's "The Exes," but in real life Faison is getting ready to tie the knot for the second time.

The 37-year-old actor, who is engaged to longtime girlfriend and Jessica Simpson BFF Cacee Cobb, spoke to The Huffington Post about his new show, going through a divorce of his own, and whether or not Zach Braff will make it into his wedding party.

You play a divorced man man on "The Exes." You've been divorced yourself, but were you a ladies' man like your character?

I kind of feel we all go through our phase. If you've ever been divorced, there's that phase where you make up for lost time.

You share a house with a bunch of other divorced guys on the show. Did you do that after you got divorced?

I did share a house with a bunch of dudes. It started off really cool because we would go out to clubs and hit on women and stuff like that. After a while it got to the point where I was like, "Wow, I'm an adult and I really need my own space."

Was the bathroom disgusting?

Yes, it was very gross. You don't realize how important it is to lift the toilet seat up and put it down.

Thanks to your long run on "Scrubs," you're certainly no stranger to sitcoms. Were you happy to jump back into another series?

I was really excited to do this. I've never done anything like this before. I was on a sitcom, but it was a single-camera sitcom and there wasn't a studio audience. When you do a single-camera show, the editors can edit you together really well. When you do it in front of a studio audience, you're getting the immediate laugh.

Are you surprised at how much of a ham you are for the laughs?

At first I was really just hoping to get the laugh, and then when I realized I can get the laugh, I've just gone overboard. [My co-star] Kristen Johnston calls me a "laugh whore."

You just got engaged. Have you set a date?

No, not yet. My fiancee [Cacee Cobb] is not necessarily a "bridezilla," but I do have someone who doesn't know what she wants for her wedding. But she definitely knows she wants a nice wedding.

Are you being included in any of the planning?

I really do not want to be a part of the planning. I want to be a part of her life forever, but as far as the planning goes I'm really not looking forward to it. I am going to be involved though.

Is your former "Scrubs" co-star Zach Braff going to be in the wedding party?

For sure, he's my best friend! When Cacee and I decide to pinpoint the date, he'll definitely be in the wedding party. He'd be upset if I said he wasn't my best man.

One of your first acting roles was in "Clueless," a movie I still love.

I'm very appreciative for being in that movie. I really feel like I wouldn't have the career I have right now if I wasn't in such a great movie.