Search This Blog

maandag 2 januari 2012

Lady Gaga to Ashton Kutcher: Hollywood Tweets Its New Year's Resolutions

Lady Gaga to Ashton Kutcher: Hollywood Tweets Its New Year's Resolutions

Albert Brooks jokes he's going to stop tweeting; Kurt Sutter doesn't want "flawed men" to distract him; Rachel Maddow wants to learn to "de-beard mussels."

With 2011 in the rear-view mirror, the entertainment industry took to their Twitter accounts New Year's Day to share their resolutions for 2012.

Here are some of Hollywood's best tweets.

"My new years resolution: Never be afraid to be kicked in the teeth. Let the blood and the bruises define your legacy," said Lady Gaga hours after performing and counting down the ball drop in Times Square.

Ashton Kutcher took a break from his self-imposed Twitter ban and wrote, "In 2012 let's agree to a resolution to feel one another's pain & joy, & create the peace we desire through proactive generosity. XO ak."

"Happy New Year! My resolution: To give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Imagine the world if we did that instead of rushing to judgment..." said James Van Der Beek.

Comedian Horatio Sanz wrote, "My New Years resolution is to stop setting cars on fire. #LAisLoco."

Tony Bennett tweeted, "My New Years resolution is to study piano and sculpting. Wishing you all the best in 2012!"

"I have no resolutions!! Can I make them tomorrow? Should my resolution be to not procrastinate making resolutions?" Rita Wilson lamented.

Donnie Wahlberg retweeted user @chocolateduck's "A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other."

"My New Year's resolution is to figure out how to balance motherhood with taking care of myself," said Alyssa Milano.

Colin Quinn joked, "My New Years resolution is to stop smoking cursing and drinking. Darn I left my GD cigs in the bar. #oneoutofthreeaintbad #lol"

How I Met your Mother creator Carter Bays said, "If you're thinking of tweeting the ten second countdown to midnight, I have a resolution for you: maybe a little less twitter this year."

Footballer Marshall Faulk tweeted, "My New Years resolution..... I will not talk about the #Cowboys anymore this season."

"My New Year's resolution was to stop tweeting," joked Albert Brooks.

"new years resolution #1 next NYE don't say "10 minutes til midnight" when its really 10 seconds. oops," said Pete Wentz.

Terra Nova star Jason O'Mara reflected, "6 years ago today, a little show called 'In Justice' premiered on ABC. 3 months later it was cancelled. My resolution? No more 13 and outs."

"My New Years Resolution: Reserve the word "amazing" for things that are actually *amazing*. Like: This bagel is really good, *not* amazing," said Olivia Munn.

Hart Hanson revealed, "This morning I broke my New Year's resolution to be more patient by yelling "shut up!" at a mocking bird - it was imitating a leaf blower."

"My resolution is to not settle for less in 2012...& clear all the clutter out of life," said Bravo's resident matchmaker Patti Stanger.

Sons of Anarchy producer Kurt Sutter wrote, "A NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION: FOCUS ON THE DIVINITY OF PROCESS AND DO NOT GET DISTRACTED BY MY HUMAN RESULTS OR THE OPINIONS OF OTHER FLAWED MEN."

"Kim Jong-un's New Year's resolution: 'To find out what this big pulsating red button is for.' #HappyNewYear" wrote comedian Andy Borowitz.

"NY Resolution: Seek therapy for my addiction to that yelp sound a puppy makes when you step on it's foot accidentally," Dave Navarro tweeted.

Race car driver Danica Patrick said, "Resolution(s)- more green tea and cardio before breakfast. Why are these thoughts running through my head right now?"

"Ok new year resolution broken...damm this cucumber martini is good!," joked Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Vanderpump.

Singer/songwriter Michelle Branch tweeted, "I forgot another resolution: in 2012 I hope to tour outside the USA. I especially want to visit Asia and Europe."

Judah Friedlander had many, one being, "New Years Resolution #10: Stop driving while texting. Driving while texting causes typos. #WorldChampResolutions2012"

"My New Year's resolution? To be less laz," joked comedian/actor Jim Gaffigan.

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow said, "2011 new year's resolution to learn to de-beard mussels? check! with five hours to spare."

"Wishing everyone a Healthy, Happy, and Prosperous New Year! Make your resolution list short and your list of fun things to do tall :-)," said Gossip Girl actress Kelly Rutherford.