Search This Blog

vrijdag 6 januari 2012

Ricky Gervais on Hosting the Globes: "I Do It My Way"

Ricky Gervais on Hosting the Globes: "I Do It My Way"

Ricky Gervais says when he returns as host of the Golden Globes on Jan. 15, he's doing it his way — again.

"I do it my way, I get finality on everything ... and they won't know what I'm going to say until I say it," Gervais told Matt Lauer.

Gervais took a lot of heat for his jokes at last year's ceremony, and although he said he would never host the show again, he later changed his mind. "What tipped the balance was all the people that said I'd never be back," he says.

Who will he offend this year? Ricky Gervais to host Golden Globes again

But the comedian stands by his jokes. "What did I say that was untrue? I said that Robert Downey Jr. spent some time in clinics and he did. I'm not judging him by that; it's a joke," he says. "The controversy is irrelevant to me."

He also says he becomes another person in front of audiences. "The guy on stage is lot brasher, more arrogant, more confident than me. I take a deep breath and go out with swagger."

So is this time hosting really his last? Yes, he says, "for a while, at least."