Search This Blog

zaterdag 10 maart 2012

Duncan Bannatyne: 'I'm too broke for Dragons' Den'

Duncan Bannatyne: 'I'm too broke for Dragons' Den'

Duncan Bannatyne has teased that he is too broke after his divorce to invest during the new series of Dragons' Den.

The health club boss announced in July 2011 that he is to separate from Joanne McCue after five years of marriage. Their divorce was finalised in December.

"I'm not looking at investing in anything new," he told The Mirror. "Because of the divorce, I can't. It's costing a lot and I can't predict the effect on my finances.

"Both of our lawyers are costing me a fortune. My issue is that this is my children's money that's being taken. The money is going on nothing right now and that should be for my children's futures."

Bannatyne's spokesperson insisted that the 63-year-old would be returning to Dragons' Den as planned, but did not explain his comments any further.

A BBC representative concurred: "Duncan is very much committed to Dragons' Den and always on the lookout for new investment opportunities."

Bannatyne made a "substantial contribution" to a fund for victims of the London riots in the midst of his divorce battle last August.