Search This Blog

vrijdag 23 maart 2012

Fired 'Apprentice' Bilyana: 'I was trying to save the day'

Fired 'Apprentice' Bilyana: 'I was trying to save the day'

Fired Apprentice candidate Bilyana Apostolova has admitted that she is "embarrassed" about behaviour on the BBC One reality show and has insisted that it wasn't a fair representation of her nomal working life.

Apostolova told Digital Spy that she was trying to "save the day" by heading off with a sub-team to London Zoo in last night's series premiere and criticised her female co-stars for "whispering behind my back" rather than confronting her face-to-face.

Speaking about her aggresive sales style on the shows, she said: "It's a real shame, because someone from work watched it and they said it was totally not me, but there was a lot more material to be shown.

"I'm such a balanced person; it's incredible that I come across like that."

Commenting on the bust-up the girls' team had in a boutique, the Bulgarian said: "I was embarrassed right there and then, I wanted the earth to eat me up. Because I led them to the store, I opened up with, 'Good afternoon madam, I used to live here and now we've set up our own business and we have our product', and then Jenna started behaving like a, well I don't even know what word to use.

"Then everyone else started shouting. I'm not saying I didn't partake in it, but all of a sudden it became out of control.

"I could see the woman blushing and it was unprofessional to confront the other girls in front of the customer and then the way Jenna just said, 'Come on guys, we're just wasting time on her', was just so unprofessional. I'd not like to be associated with that episode, within the episode at all."

Although she was only on the show for one task, the risk analyst tipped Jade Nash to go far in the series and doubted the credentials of Jenna Whittingham. "She yaps away a lot. She said something about organic cotton coming from organic sheep. I could see her really irritating people," said Apostolova.

The Apprentice continues on Wednesday nights at 9pm on BBC One.