Search This Blog

vrijdag 9 maart 2012

Marcus Collins: 'I could have used sob story on X Factor'

Marcus Collins: 'I could have used sob story on X Factor'

Marcus Collins has explained why he decided not to use a "sob story" during his stint on The X Factor.

The Liverpudlian singer, who finished runner-up on last year's series of the talent show, believes that the public would have been sceptical about his revelations.

Collins told Attitude magazine: "I knew if I said, 'I grew up in a council flat, just me and my mum, we had nothing, my mum's had cancer, I thought I was going to be orphaned and out and on my own', people would be like, 'So what? Sob story, he's just making it up'."

The 'Seven Nation Army' star added: "I didn't want to do that. It had nothing to do with anything.

"Yeah, it just made me work harder, but so what? Everyone works hard. So I was very conscious not to do a big sob story."

His debut album is released next Monday (March 12).