Search This Blog

woensdag 11 april 2012

Matt Lucas: 'New show not as smutty as Little Britain'

Matt Lucas: 'New show not as smutty as Little Britain'

Matt Lucas has revealed that his new BBC show is not as "rude" or "smutty" as Little Britain.

The comedian said that The Matt Lucas Awards has been made for those who disapprove of his sitcom with David Walliams - like his own mother Diana.

Lucas told The Sun: "I've got my mum in the show so I wanted to keep it clean - so the worst I can say is 'cobblers'.

"Some people said that Little Britain was a bit rude and mum was one of those who thought it was a bit smutty. So as she is in this show, I didn't want it to be so rude."

Explaining his decision to include his mother in the programme, Lucas said: "It was fun having her on. She's so unflappable and she's just retired so I thought 'Let's give her something to do'."

The Matt Lucas Awards begins tonight (April 10) at 10.35pm on BBC One.