Search This Blog

donderdag 19 april 2012

Samantha Womack recalls Simon Cowell, 'Britain's Got Talent' meeting

Samantha Womack recalls Simon Cowell, 'Britain's Got Talent' meeting

Samantha Womack has revealed that she met with Simon Cowell after being offered a judging role on Britain's Got Talent.

Former EastEnders star Womack told OK! magazine that she discussed joining the show at his Los Angeles home before eventually rejecting it.

When asked whether she was in talks for the programme, Womack said: "Yes, and I thought about doing it, because you'd be crazy not to.

"Simon Cowell flew me out to his mansion in Los Angeles. I was already committed to South Pacific, and I kind of knew that, but to be honest, I wanted to see what Simon and his house were like!"

Revealing what she thought of Cowell, who has recently suffered revelations about his private life, Womack divulged: "He was bloody charming!

"I'd never been to LA before, and I spent a good few hours in his amazing house, just chatting.

"He's very easy to talk to and he smoked like a trooper - though weirdly his house didn't smell of cigarette smoke! He must have a magic machine that makes it disappear!"

She added: "It was amazing to witness LA like that and have the big black car pick me up.

"I took a sneaky photo of his house on my mobile - and I think he caught me doing it! It was a lovely meeting, but at the end of the day, it's just not me."