Search This Blog

zaterdag 19 mei 2012

Alex Jones: 'The One Show feels like ours now'

Alex Jones: 'The One Show feels like ours now'

Alex Jones has said that The One Show has "settled" since Matt Baker signed on as co-host.

Jones joined the show in July 2010, replacing Christine Bleakley. Baker took over from comedian Jason Manford, who had a short-lived stint from July to November after the departure of Adrian Chiles.

"It feels like I've been there for ages but it's only been 18 months, which isn't very long in TV terms," Jones told Metro.

"Since Matt joined, it feels as though the show has settled. People associate us with the show now."

She added that she is "very pleased" with how the show is going, saying: "It takes people a while to get used to new faces and now it feels we can take the show in whatever direction we want.

"It feels like our show, not like we're sitting in on someone else's."

Of frequently being compared to Bleakley, Jones said: "It was a bigger thing in the press than it was for me.

"No one knew anything about me, so I understand why people thought it was weird - there is a similarity between us."

She added: "I was so excited to land the job, I couldn't have cared about the comparisons.

"It was strange. I was plucked from Cardiff and on a show that goes out nationally every night, so it took a period of adjustment."