Search This Blog

vrijdag 25 mei 2012

'Skins' star Joe Dempsie: 'I'd be sceptical of Chris return'

Former Skins star Joe Dempsie has revealed that he would be willing to return to the show.

However, the actor - who played Chris on the E4 drama - told Digital Spy that he is "sceptical" as to how the show's writers could incorporate his deceased character.

"I think, for me, Skins is something that you should never say never to," he said. "I think for all of us it was such an important shared experience and it came in a really crucial time in all of our lives - our formative years were spent making it."

Dempsie added that he would now be happy to play Chris again, having since appeared in such shows as Game of Thrones.

"I suppose now might be a good time to go back," he suggested. "If you'd have asked me the same question a year ago, I would probably have said that I wouldn't be interested, because I was still trying to get some more dramatic roles and move away from that character a little bit."

Skins will return for a final seventh run in 2013, with several former stars expected to return - including Jack O'Connell (Cook).

"I think the idea to revisit the old characters is a really nice way to round the series off," said Dempsie. "They've got some really interesting stuff planned, from what I hear."