Search This Blog

maandag 28 mei 2012

'X Factor' judges back Sharon Osbourne return

The X Factor judges have backed Sharon Osbourne to fill the vacant spot on the panel.

Louis Walsh, Tulisa ­Contostavlos and Gary Barlow endorsed the former judge to return to the show as Kelly Rowland's replacement, five years after she quit over her strained relationship with Dannii Minogue.

Barlow ruled out former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell becoming a permanent judge, claiming she wasn't popular enough during her guest stint in Liverpool, according to the Daily Star Sunday.

It had been reported that she would be offered the permanent role if she proved a success on Wednesday.

Contostavlos said: "I'd love Sharon Osbourne to come back. She's the female boss."

Walsh commented: "I'd love Sharon to come back too. I always had so much fun with her."

Barlow added: "Sharon isn't a stupid ­suggestion. She'd be amazing. Like Tulisa said, she's the ultimate female boss. I don't know if she would come back. I don't really know anything about the politics.

"I personally thought Dannii would be great too. The only thing is the show likes to move forward so that might be a problem. I don't think the audience liked [Halliwell]. She got booed.

"I like Geri, I've known her for years, she's got a good energy but I don't know if she should be on the panel, to be honest. But I'd give her a few more days."

Simon Cowell apparently wants Rita Ora as the new permanent judge to appeal to younger viewers and has enlisted her as a guest judge for Monday's auditions.

A source said that the job is "hers to lose" after she impressed bosses during meetings.

Dannii and Kylie Minogue, Katy Perry and Rihanna are all said to have turned down the job. Nicole Scherzinger, Tinie Tempah and Mel B are the latest names rumoured to be filling in as guest judges.