Search This Blog

dinsdag 5 juni 2012

Gok Wan: 'I will die of embarrassment if I get called a TV chef'

Gok Wan has insisted that he is not a TV chef.

The presenter is currently hosting new Channel 4 series Gok Cooks Chinese, which showcases his passion for Chinese food and culture.

However, he has revealed that he would "die of embarrassment" if he were called a TV chef.

"Not because it's a bad thing. Just because I'm not really. I'm a cook and I do my job on the telly," he told PA.

Talking about his cooking past, he said: "I used to work for my dad in the kitchen. And it's one thing serving food for friends, but another serving it to people who are paying for it, because you have a huge amount of responsibility that comes with it.

"I think that's where my confidence comes from."

The third episode of Gok Cooks Chinese airs tonight (June 4) at 8.30pm on Channel 4.