Search This Blog

zondag 10 juni 2012

Katy Perry: 'I turned down X Factor judging role'

Katy Perry has suggested that she was offered a judging role on The X Factor, but turned it down.

The 'Firework' singer told The Graham Norton Show that she had been approached by talent show executives, but had declined their offers.

"There's (sic) not actual paper contracts," she explained, "But people have been interested in me judging other people."

Perry was rumoured to have been considered by Simon Cowell as a replacement for former Destiny's Child star Kelly Rowland, who announced she had left the show in April.

Perry previously stood in for a pregnant Dannii Minogue during the open audition stages of the 2010 contest. The star said that she feels she is too early in her career to be judging the talents of others, but has not ruled out taking on a panel role in the future.

"I would do it but I'm just not ready for it yet. Maybe in the future, I would love to," she added.