Search This Blog

woensdag 27 juni 2012

Russell Brand compares 'Brand X' role to 'Big Brother's Big Mouth'

Russell Brand has likened his new TV project to when he hosted Big Brother's Big Mouth.

The British comedian and actor's new show Brand X will involve audience participation in a similar vein to his popular Channel 4 spinoff show.

The programme sees Brand analyse and lead a debate on the reporting of celebrity and media news stories in front of a live studio audience.

Speaking to What's on TV, Brand explained of the Big Mouth connection: "It's like when I used to go in the audience on Big Brother with that daft wand talking to everybody. It is good to see what people think."

Revealing his belief that he best suits the format, the Rock of Ages star added: "I love being with an audience and I have always done stand-up because I prefer it to anything else.

"It is more direct and fun and I feel like this is what I am meant to do."

Launching in the US on Thursday, June 28 at 11pm on FX, the show will air the following Monday in the UK at 11.05pm on Sky Atlantic.