Search This Blog

zaterdag 4 augustus 2012

Ex-Big Brother star Anthony Ogogo in shock Olympics victory

Ex-Big Brother star Anthony Ogogo continued his Olympic gold medal quest in the boxing yesterday, beating top-seeded Ukrainian Ievgen Khytrov.

Ogogo, who appeared in Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack in 2008, was the surprise victor, beating the favourite in a tense bout that was watched by royals Prince Phillip and Prince Edward.

Great Britain's Boxer Anthony Ogogo during the London 2012 kitting out session at Loughborough University, Loughborough.

"It was my self-belief that got me over the line," said Ogogo afterwards.

"Neither my family nor my teammates believed I could win this. If I didn't believe in myself my legs would have crumbled."

Ogogo dedicated his victory to his mum, who suffered a brain haemorrhage six weeks ago.

After the fight, he wrote on Twitter: "Speaking to my Mum, hearing her tell me she loves me has been the best part of the day bar none... Inspiration. X"

Celebrity Hijack was a spinoff of the popular reality show, which aired on E4 and featured especially talented youngsters ranging from 18-21 years old. Ogogo finished fourth in the final. The series was won by aspiring politician John Loughton.