Search This Blog

vrijdag 12 oktober 2012

Kylie Minogue denies 'The Voice' Australia rumours

Kylie Minogue has dismissed rumours linking her with a judging role on The Voice Australia.

The 'Wow' singer has been touted as a possible replacement for Keith Urban on the show, who recently joined the panel of American Idol.

Kylie Minogue arriving at the 2012 GQ Men Of The Year Awards at the Royal Opera House, London

Since the country star swapped talent shows, producers have been looking for a big name replacement, with Minogue said to be top of their list.

However, Minogue stated that she currently has no plans on joining the show, as it would mean competing against her sister Dannii Minogue, who is a judge on Australia's Got Talent.

"To my knowledge, no, I'm not doing The Voice next year," she is quoted as saying in the Daily Star.

"Unless my management haven't told me about it. I know nothing about it. Maybe it's in the junk email box."

However, Minogue added that she is not ruling out a possible reality TV role in the future, saying: "It just hasn't felt like the right thing for me to do yet. It may only be a matter of time, who knows?

"Those shows are going to keep happening every year for the foreseeable future. I'm a fan of those shows."

Kylie Minogue will mark her 25th year in music by releasing a special Abbey Road Sessions album on October 29.