Search This Blog

zondag 7 oktober 2012

'X Factor' Nicole Scherzinger: 'I had death threats'

Nicole Scherzinger has slammed the "hateful" viewers who sent death threats to Rylan Clark.

The X Factor judge revealed that she received similar threats while working on the US version of the show last year.

Nicole Scherzinger X Factor judges leaving their hotel for the first day of boot camp Liverpool, England

Scherzinger has now asked show bosses to increase security for herself and her acts since her decision to send Clark to Live Shows caused controversy.

"It breaks my heart. Last year I had death threats on X Factor USA. That kind of ruined me. I didn't want to leave my hotel room. I didn't know that people could conjure up such thoughts - so hateful," she told The Sun.

"It really frightened and scared me when I got death threats so it upset me to hear Rylan had to go through that pain. To read some of the comments he has had hurt me too.

"People need to give Rylan a chance. Everyone that gets to know him has a great fondness and affinity with him. This is the number one show in the UK so we do have security."

Scherzinger defended her decision to chose Clark, insisting that the show is about "having the X Factor and he has the X Factor".