Search This Blog

donderdag 24 januari 2013

'Voice' UK winner Leanne Mitchell on single flop: It hasn't bothered me


The Voice UK's winner Leanne Mitchell has said that she's not bothered by the underperformance of her debut single.

The singer won last year's contest after being coached by Sir Tom Jones on the BBC One talent show, but her winner's track 'Run to You' peaked at number 45 on the chart.

"To be honest, I think because it's on the BBC I think it's very difficult to get as much exposure as maybe you would on other programmes," Mitchell told BBC Newsbeat of the single's failure to chart higher.

"It hasn't bothered me, but the main thing I wanted to work on is my album. So hopefully people will get to hear that very soon."

Mitchell also confirmed that she has co-written her second single 'If You Knew', which will be released in the near future.