Search This Blog

dinsdag 29 november 2011

Melissa McCarthy: There Are Other Things to Worry About Besides My Weight

Melissa McCarthy: There Are Other Things to Worry About Besides My Weight

Melissa McCarthy has had one incredible year. The star of 'Mike and Molly' took home the Emmy for Best Actress in a Comedy, besting Edie Falco, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Laura Linney and Martha Plimpton, and received rave reviews for her scene-stealing role in the hit film 'Bridesmaids.'

She followed all that success up with her first guest host gig on 'Saturday Night Live.' That's an impressive body of work for one year. However, she still can't escape talking about her real body.

"I've been up and down," McCarthy told Anderson Cooper during an appearance 'Anderson,' Cooper's daytime talk show. "I've been much thinner since my second baby. I'm still working on it. It's a work in progress."

On 'Mike and Molly,' McCarthy plays Molly, one part of an overweight couple that meets at an Overeaters Anonymous meeting. In addition to all her career success -- McCarthy also recently sold several projects, including a movie and TV script -- the 'Gilmore Girls' veteran is launching a plus-sized clothing line. Yet the actress said she's still working on her body, but it's not exactly a priority.

"I hope I wake up at, like, 94 pounds," she said with a laugh. "But I don't think that's going to happen ... There's so many other things to worry about. I still worry about it, but I think, my kids are healthy, I've got a great husband, and I go to work every day and do what I want. I'll keep working on the other, I just can't put any time to worrying about it."