Search This Blog

dinsdag 29 november 2011

Hugh Laurie Says He'll Retire From TV After 'House'

Hugh Laurie Says He'll Retire From TV After 'House'

After eight seasons, the end of 'House' could be looming, and with it, comes the end of Hugh Laurie's decorated TV career.

In an interview with the UK's Daily Record, the British actor revealed that once Fox's medical drama comes to an end, he's done with TV roles.

"I think I have been rather spoiled here [in America]," he said. "I can't imagine there will be another one quite like this. And I think I am extremely lucky to have had the one shot that I have had at it, and I wouldn't go looking for lightning to strike twice."

Laurie added that he thinks he's "no longer a desirable commodity for TV" after eight seasons and nearly "170-odd shows" as the grumpy doctor. The actor has received six Emmy nominations and two Golden Globe Awards for his role on the series.

Instead, the award-winning 'House' actor is interested in more behind-the-scenes work.

"I think I will probably be as interested by either writing or producing or directing, or some other aspect. I find the whole field of it fascinating."

But that's not to say he won't continue acting on the big screen. Laurie currently voices a character in the holiday animated feature 'Arthur Christmas.'

Fox has yet to announce a ninth season for the medical drama, meaning that the future of 'House' is still uncertain. Laurie's contract is up at the end of this season, and executive producer David Shore is currently in talks with the network to decide if this will be the last season of the medical drama, reports TV Guide.