Search This Blog

vrijdag 9 december 2011

Paul O'Grady: 'I'd definitely be up for Britain's Got Talent'

Paul O'Grady: 'I'd definitely be up for Britain's Got Talent'

Paul O'Grady has revealed that he would "definitely consider" a judging role on Britain's Got Talent.

The 56-year-old, who previously turned down an offer to join the ITV contest, said he would be open to replacing outgoing stars Michael McIntyre and David Hasselhoff on the panel, though he admitted that he would find it "tough" to end the dreams of contestants.

"I'd consider it most definitely, but if they did ask me I'd have to have a good think," he told The Mirror. "You have to sit through all those bum acts at the auditions - some of them are dreadful. And I really hate the ones that say they're burlesque artistes. No you're not, you've got a bit of tinsel wrapped round your bra.

"I'd be very worried that I'd say too much. It's a tough job. You've got to be honest with people, but you can end up [being] 'Mr Nasty' or bland.

"I'd be honest, but I couldn't tell kids they were rubbish - I wouldn't be able to sleep when I got home if I reduced somebody to tears. I'd hate it. Who wants to earn a living doing that?"

O'Grady added that he is not a fan of Britain's Got Talent's sister show The X Factor, which he believes has become "too cynical" in recent years.

"I'm not that keen on Saturday night telly anyway, I never have been," he said. "I'll watch Strictly if it's on - I wouldn't rush in to put it on - and I never watch X Factor. It's too cynical for me, plus most years the finalists don't seem to have the X Factor."

In September, O'Grady was named by Digital Spy readers as their dream Britain's Got Talent judge.

Simon Cowell was confirmed this week to be returning to Britain's Got Talent alongside veteran judge Amanda Holden.