Search This Blog

woensdag 25 januari 2012

Adam Lambert Reveals Dream 'Glee' Gig; Respects Show's 'Brave Agenda'

Adam Lambert Reveals Dream 'Glee' Gig; Respects Show's 'Brave Agenda'

The "American Idol" season 8 runner-up talks about the Fox show's appeal and what role he sees for himself on a future episode.

Adam Lambert is itching to get on Glee.

The American Idol season 8 runner-up thinks the Fox show is “so cute” in that it “really paints a picture of what it’s like to be an arts kid in high school. Glee is really irresistible -- it's charming.”

So where’s Lambert’s walk-on invite, Glee powers-that be? “I don't know, ask them,” Lambert tells the Hollywood Reporter. “I think there were murmurs about it. Hopefully, maybe now that I have some new music, I could go on there.”

Lambert's second full-length album, Trespassing, is due out this Spring.

As for who he could potentially play? The answer should come as no surprise to the scores of Glamberts, but to their delight. “I want to just be me,” he says. “Why do I have to be a fictional character?”

Still, Lambert freely admits he didn’t always feel so warm and fuzzy about the hit series. “When Glee first came out, I was like, ‘I don't really like this show,’” he says. “But now I watch it... And you know what? I do think the show has an agenda, but I respect the agenda. I think it's a very brave agenda to try to push. I think that they're one of the few people that are doing it. So it's definitely one of a kind and very revolutionary in that way.”