Search This Blog

zondag 29 januari 2012

'Dancing on Ice' Matthew Wolfenden reveals new injury

'Dancing on Ice' Matthew Wolfenden reveals new injury

Dancing on Ice star Matthew Wolfenden has revealed that he sustained a back injury during training this week.

The Emmerdale actor revealed on Twitter that he was forced to cancel rehearsals with professional partner Nina Ulanova after becoming the latest contestant to be hurt while participating in the show.

"Had to cut skating rehearsal short by over an hour today!" he wrote last night (January 26). "I've either pulled a muscle or trapped a nerve in my back! Whichever it is...... I can hardly stand up straight, never mind skate! I'm in agony! #owch."

However, Wolfenden insisted that the mishap would not prevent him from competing on Sunday's (January 29) show.

"My back is fine.. Really.. Just a trapped nerve, that sort of pain where you can't straighten up!" he told concerned followers. "Physio tomorrow, and will hopefully be able to get back on ice for rehearsals before the big show! #lotsofpainkillers.

"I'll be skating Sunday, even if I have to put skates on my hands and do it upside down... I will be skating!!!"

Wolfenden was previously left "shook up" after dropping Ulanova while practising a lift last week.