Search This Blog

woensdag 4 januari 2012

Simon Cowell returning full-time to 'Britain's Got Talent'

Simon Cowell returning full-time to 'Britain's Got Talent'

British viewers will be getting a bigger dose of Simon Cowell this spring when he returns in full capacity for the sixth season of "Britain's Got Talent." The reality competition show kingpin had taken time away from season five since he was busy launching the U.S. version of "The X Factor."

"I miss Britain and I miss the British public and I miss judging them," says Cowell in a release. "I want to find the next generation of talent in 2012. Different and new acts, younger and better talent. You want someone who can be a star all over the world and by coming back in 2012, it's the year of the Olympics, it's a big year for Britain, we are going to be in the world's spotlight and I want this show to be back in the world spotlight."

In fact, reports EW, Cowell will be contributing a tidy bundly of his own cash -- about $400,000 to this year's prize.

"Even though they are both my shows, I would like to find a better winner on Britain's Got Talent than The X Factor. To me it's a challenge," he says.

"What I really, really passionately believe when I do these shows is that you have to find someone who can be known all over the world from appearing on the show. That's what happened with Paul Potts and that's what happened with Susan Boyle."