Search This Blog

zondag 11 maart 2012

'Dancing On Ice' judging role was a surprise, says Louie Spence

'Dancing On Ice' judging role was a surprise, says Louie Spence

Dancing On Ice judge Louie Spence has admitted that he was "so surprised" to be offered a job on the show.

The Pineapple Dance Studios star said his recruitment came as a shock, as he knew axed panellist Jason Gardiner was "still negotiating" his return at the time.

"I was so surprised to get the Dancing on Ice job because it came around really suddenly," he told The People. "The first I heard of it was from an article in the paper saying that I was being looked at to do it.

"I don't know the ins and outs but I believe Jason decided it wasn't for him this year. It was his decision to move on. So when they did come to me and said, 'Would you like to?' I'm there. But it has not affected my friendship with him."

Spence added that not even a few negative past experiences with celebrities could put him off the Dancing On Ice job.

"I have been surrounded by lots of famous people so I have seen what they can be like," he said. "Some of them are absolutely wonderful and some of them are total wankers. I'm not going to say who. But I've seen how it is."

Dancing On Ice continues tomorrow (March 11) at 7.15pm on ITV1.