Search This Blog

vrijdag 2 maart 2012

Lindsay Lohan: Saturday Night Live is the venue to make fun of myself

Lindsay Lohan: Saturday Night Live is the venue to make fun of myself

Lindsay Lohan has promised to make light of her past troubles on this weekend's Saturday Night Live.

Lohan promoted her first SNL hosting stint in six years with a sit-down interview with Matt Lauer on Thursday's edition of Today.

The Mean Girls actress told Lauer that Saturday Night Live is the perfect venue to "poke fun" at her formerly scandalous life.

"If I'm going to do a sketch about [my past issues], this is the place to do it. SNL is where you're actually okay to do that," Lohan explained.

She added: "I spoke to my attorney, I didn't want to be disrespectful to my judge... because I want to be in the clear. I'm so close. We'll see if we can write them the right way, I want to poke fun at myself."

Lohan was at one time one of Saturday Night Live's most frequent guests, having hosted the series three times between 2004 and 2006.

The star's return to the late-night series will see her rank among four-time hosts including Dana Carvey, Ashton Kutcher, Ben Affleck and Michael Palin.

The star has reached out to Alec Baldwin on Twitter to cameo on SNL, but the 30 Rock actor has yet to confirm whether he will appear.

Jack White joins Lohan on Saturday Night Live, airing at 11.30/10.30c on NBC.