Search This Blog

maandag 5 maart 2012

Lionel Richie on mentoring The Voice: 'It was eye-opening experience'

Lionel Richie on mentoring The Voice: 'It was eye-opening experience'

Lionel Richie has said that The Voice was an "eye-opening experience" for him because he realised he wouldn't be able to do what the contestants have done.

The legendary singer will serve as a mentor for Christina Aguilera's team on the second season, which currently airs Monday nights on NBC.

Speaking to social media correspondent Christina Milian, he said: "It was probably one of the most eye-opening experiences ever because I now know what I would not be able to take!

"It's incredible. I'm having trouble every day trying to get my confidence together to say, 'I think I'll try that, I think I'll go with this song today, I'm not sure'… then let's make it one step more difficult and surprise you with a celebrity!"