Search This Blog

maandag 26 maart 2012

'Voice' UK singer Jessica Hammond blasts 'X Factor' treatment

'Voice' UK singer Jessica Hammond blasts 'X Factor' treatment

Jessica Hammond, a singer on The Voice UK, has spoken out in criticism against The X Factor's treatment of her.

Hammond, who opted for a place on Team Jessie J in last night's show, revealed that she unsuccessfully auditioned twice for the ITV talent contest.

She told the Daily Star: "The Voice is a completely different show to The X Factor.

"The BBC were really kind, and the production team were really kind, and that does make a massive difference. On The X Factor, I had to arrive at 7am and didn't leave until 11pm.

"I was stuck in a room all day without food or water. I was just sat around waiting all day. I wasn't given a proper warm-up or the help the BBC gave me."

She went on: "On The Voice, you are given all the help and encouragement to perform well. It was an incredible moment when all four judges turned around.

"The judges on The X Factor said I was an average singer and my performance was just average. They have their opinions and I wasn't on top form that day. But they didn't make me want to give up."

Hammond added: "In fact, I went straight home and wrote a song about it called 'Try Again Tomorrow'. On The X Factor, I couldn't perform with my guitar, and I think that made a big difference."