Search This Blog

zaterdag 21 april 2012

Alan Carr wants to write sitcom: 'It's that or I'm A Celebrity...'

Alan Carr wants to write sitcom: 'It's that or I'm A Celebrity...'

Alan Carr has admitted that he would like to write a sitcom.

The Chatty Man star suggested that his own show or a stint on I'm A Celebrity would keep him in the "fickle" world of showbusiness.

Alan Carr with the award for Best Talk Show on stage during the 2012 NTA Awards

"I haven't written anything yet, but it's something I'd like to do because comedy is fickle," he told The Sun's TV Buzz.

"I feel like I'm flavour of the month at the moment. Of course, I've always got the jungle to fall back on - and Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

"But if I do write something and am asked, 'Will you be in it?' Yeah. I'm hardly going to be the sexy brooding lead, but I wouldn't mind acting."

Carr also addressed Michael Parkinson's recent complaints that modern chat shows are too concerned with being funny.

"I know he's happy selling his insurance... and he's got right to moan, but it's a bit undignified," the Tooth Fairy star commented. "Things have changed now, publicists have so much power.

"If I say to Angelina Jolie, 'Have you had Botox? Are those chicken fillets down your top?' I'd get tasered.

"Besides, I'm not like Piers Morgan's 'Life Sentences' - I don't want crying or anyone telling me where the man touched them. Let's just have a laugh, life's too short."

Alan Carr's Chatty Man returns next Friday (April 27) at 10pm on Channel 4.