Search This Blog

zaterdag 28 april 2012

Elizabeth McGovern on 'Downton Abbey' comments: 'I was misinterpreted'

Elizabeth McGovern on 'Downton Abbey' comments: 'I was misinterpreted'

Elizabeth McGovern has clarified recent quotes attributed to her about Downton Abbey.

McGovern, who plays Lady Cora Grantham, appeared to claim in an interview with the LA Times that she wasn't as keen on series two of the hit ITV period drama.

However, she has since released a statement saying: "I am horrified that my comments about the second series of Downton Abbey have been taken out of context and misinterpreted. I was in no way criticising the second season or implying that I loved or enjoyed it any less.

"When asked about the second series I said that the tone differed slightly from the first. There would be some people who would naturally prefer the more domestic detail of series one and others who would love the faster pace and heightened drama of the war years.

"That does not translate that series two was any less entertaining than series one - and many millions of people around the world agree with me.

"Julian Fellowes is a brilliant writer and I am proud and privileged to be part of this show. The third season is so rich with character detail, storylines and new faces that I can't wait for people to see it."

Downton Abbey's second run, which dealt with the horrors of WWI, culminated in a spread of influenza that killed Lavinia Swire (Zoe Boyle).