Search This Blog

donderdag 5 april 2012

'Home and Away's Esther Anderson to take mum to Logie Awards as date

'Home and Away's Esther Anderson to take mum to Logie Awards as date

Former Home and Away star Esther Anderson has asked her mother to be her date for the upcoming Logie Awards.

The Australian actress, who has been nominated for the prestigious Gold Logie Award at the annual ceremony, is believed to have snubbed rumoured boyfriend and Geelong captain Joel Selwood in favour of her mum Rhonda.

Anderson told the Herald Sun: "It was early in the morning and I said 'Mum, will you be my date for the Logies?'"

The star said that she invited her dad to go to the Logies with her two years ago, adding: "Last time it was such a hard decision but it's Mum's turn and I'm so excited to share such a special night with my family."

Selwood's Australian Football League team the Cats are scheduled to play the twilight game against North Melbourne on the same night as the Logies.

Anderson also revealed that she will be wearing an Alex Perry gown to the event, saying: "Alex is making me something - I had so much fun wearing his dress last time. I knew along the lines of what colour and style I wanted."

Other stars up against Anderson for the Gold Logie include breakfast television host Karl Stefanovic, The Project's Carrie Bickmore, comedian Adam Hills, Offspring actress Asher Keddie and radio funnyman Hamish Blake, who is nominated for his Nine Network show Hamish & Andy's Gap Year.