Search This Blog

donderdag 5 april 2012

will.i.am 'pulled back' after Jessie J 'Voice' UK bust-up

will.i.am 'pulled back' after Jessie J 'Voice' UK bust-up

Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has admitted that he was "pulled back" by his backstage team after having an angry confrontation with Jessie J on The Voice UK.

The two coaches will apparently be shown having a row on this weekend's show, when the two singers both attempt to secure 21-year-old singer Joelle on their team.

According to The Mirror, will.i.am was advised by his friends to tone down his behaviour because he was coming across as aggressive.

Speaking about the incident, the 'I Gotta Feeling' singer added: "There was one point where my team came in and expressed concerns on the banter between the coaches.

"I am the most unconfrontational man in the world - it is not my style - but that was the first time they have ever seen that side of me and they were like, 'will, what are you doing?'

"They pulled me back in the dressing room and told me that I should not be doing that. They said it certainly didn't look like banter."

He added: "The banter was real and it was like hungry people fighting over a steak. The fangs were drawn."

The Voice UK airs on Saturdays at 7pm on BBC One.