Search This Blog

donderdag 17 mei 2012

Hugh Dancy: 'Hannibal TV series is psychological and experimental'

Hugh Dancy: 'Hannibal TV series is psychological and experimental'

Hugh Dancy has described his new television series Hannibal as "psychological" and "experimental".

The Martha Marcy May Marlene actor is set to play FBI agent Will Graham in the television adaptation of Thomas Harris's novel Red Dragon about Hannibal Lecter, which will air on NBC.

"I'm going to start shooting that in Toronto in early August," Dancy told New York Magazine. "And I've got to say that all the names that they've thrown out there [to play Hannibal Lecter] have been quite imaginative, so I'm encouraged by that.

"I haven't seen the film versions [Manhunter and Red Dragon] with my character, and I probably won't. We're starting with the backstory before Red Dragon, so I won't need them.

"It'll be much more psychological - not serial-killer-of-the-week. It's going to be really experimental and out of left field. I'm excited about it."

Dancy previously appeared on Showtime's The Big C and can be seen in Hysteria, out in the US this Friday (May 18).