Search This Blog

donderdag 10 mei 2012

Jessie J: 'I should have waited to see The Voice lineup'

Jessie J: 'I should have waited to see The Voice lineup'

Jessie J has said that she should have possibly waited for the rest of the Voice UK coaching panel to be confirmed before joining the show.

The singer was recently reported to have angered producers of the talent competition by allegedly describing elements of the programme as "lame" while filming The Graham Norton Show.

"I was first to sign up because I was totally up for it," Jessie J told Company.

"But when Tom [Jones] said he waited until he knew the lineup, I thought I should have too."

Jones and Jessie J are joined on the show's panel by Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am and The Script's Danny O'Donoghue.

Quizzed about her stint on the show, she added: "It's been scary at times but it's one thing in my life, not the only thing. My second album is my focus."

Of whether she would consider applying as a contestant should her career as a singer wind down, Jessie J said: "I wouldn't enter myself in 20 years' time.

"I feel like I've worked hard enough to stay here, even if I end up behind closed doors doing make-up. I'll always be around."