Search This Blog

dinsdag 15 mei 2012

Rhod Gilbert hails teachers: 'We should give them 300% pay rises'

Rhod Gilbert hails teachers: 'We should give them 300% pay rises'

When we were speaking to Rhod Gilbert about the DVD release of his BBC show Work Experience, we asked him what the best job he tried out was.

He told us that not only did he love his three-day stint as a teacher, he might even give up comedy to do the job full time.

Naturally, we pressed him on that a bit more, and here's what he had to say.

"I absolutely fell in love with it to the degree that I possibly may retrain... Primary. 4-11. I absolutely loved it," Gilbert told Digital Spy.

"In and out in three days, that's how we film it. I usually get one day having a look around, one day training and I'm in. I totally didn't want to leave. I just loved it. It was just three of the most inspirational days of my life, if that's not too absurd a claim. It was phenomenal.

"There's a lot of crap that goes along with teaching. There's the stress and the pressure. They're downtrodden and beaten up by every angle. They're hammered upon really, politically, by poxy league tables and Ofsted. I just think they're put upon."

He continued: "There can't be a more important role in society than this. These people are absolutely fundamentally shaping the future, in the sense of their impact on those kids.