Search This Blog

maandag 14 mei 2012

Tyler James was saved by will.i.am at the expense of Wood and Moses.

Voice UK: Matt & Sueleen, Adam Isaac, Frances Wood, Joelle Moses exit

Adam Isaac, Matt & Sueleen, Joelle Moses and Frances Wood are the latest acts to leave The Voice UK.

Two acts each from Sir Tom Jones and will.i.am's teams had to leave the competition this week after last night's live show.

Leanne Mitchell was chosen by Sir Tom Jones to go through to the next stage of the competition ahead of Matt & Sueleen and Isaac.

Tyler James was saved by will.i.am at the expense of Wood and Moses.

Ruth Brown was voted straight through from Jones's team, while Jaz Ellington was spared will.i.am's elimination choice.

When picking his second contestant to go through, Jones said: "Adam was great, he has done everything I've asked him to do and more, and the same thing with Matt and Sueleen.

"Then of course Leanne, with that voice. But I must say this, you must take this as an experience and go away stronger than where you were when you first stepped in. But based on Saturday's performances, I must go with Leanne Mitchell."

Isaac told host Holly Willoughby: "I feel good, I just want to say thanks to Tom, I agree with you. This is called The Voice, and Leanne has an amazing voice."

When it came to will.i.am's decision, he said: "Frances, you knocked it out the box. I was proud of you. Joelle, you were fantastic, powerful. Tyler, great smooth control, Mr Cool, it was just fantastic. I was proud of everybody."

He added: "We've learned a lot together, we had a whole bunch of fun, but now it is battle time. I need somebody that given any scenario will go through with flying colours. And that's Tyler."

Moses said: "I'd just like to say thanks to Will and the coaches for the encouragement. It has been a blessing to be on this stage."

Wood added: "I wanted to have learned things and to have benefited from it, and I've had an amazing experience."

The Voice UK continues next week at 6.30pm on BBC One, when Jessie J and Danny O'Donoghue's teams battle it out to stay in the competition.