Search This Blog

woensdag 2 mei 2012

will.i.am scolded by 'Voice' UK bosses for texting during live show?

will.i.am scolded by 'Voice' UK bosses for texting during live show?

The Voice UK star will.i.am has apparently been told off by BBC bosses for texting during the programme.

The Black Eyed Peas singer was caught on camera using his phone during Saturday's live show.

According to The Sunday Express, producers told the coach that he appeared "unprofessional" as well as "rude and disrespectful" by not paying attention to the stage.

The 37-year-old insisted that he "wasn't being rude" and was simply conforming to the "new way" fans follow the singing contest.

He wrote on Twitter on Saturday: "If you saw me on my phone I wasn't being rude... I was connecting to people watching."

On Sunday, the star added: "TV, phone, laptop, & tablet... its a new day... if I don't tweet during live TV I'm not connecting to people watching in the new way."

will.i.am axed contestant Sophie Griffin on last night's Voice results show.