Search This Blog

dinsdag 26 juni 2012

'Made in Chelsea' star Hugo Taylor: 'Quitting show is a big gamble'

Hugo Taylor has confirmed that he is quitting Made in Chelsea.

The PR professional was cast in the show for its first series last year and returned for its second and third runs on E4.

"I'm quitting," Taylor told Now. "It's a big gamble but I think I might have outgrown the show.

"Originally the producers only wanted me as a peripheral character and that's all I wanted to contribute.

"I could wind up having absolutely everything or I could end up with nothing. But I've become lazy and comfortable on the show."

Asked if he was concerned about being branded 'a reality TV star', he added: "I worry about it every day. It's one of my main motivations for not doing a reality show anymore.

"I often look at what I've done and think, 'S**t, did I completely sell out?' Staying on Made in Chelsea and bitching about the colour of someone's dress has started to become unimportant to me.

"I'm 26 - the show works better with people under 24. It becomes harder to do these shows as you get older. I started thinking I need to do something credible that I'm proud of."

Taylor said that he was "passionate" about film and hoped for a career in acting or directing.

"I plan to study at the Lee Strasberg Theatre And Film Institute [in New York], which teaches method acting," he said.

"It's expensive and you have to have some talent. I don't think they've accepted anyone from reality TV before."