Search This Blog

dinsdag 10 juli 2012

'Britain's Next Top Model': Two girls walk out of show in Dubai

Two girls choose to walk out of Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model in the opening episode tonight (July 9).

Cardiff retail worker Catherine Corry and Southend-on-Sea's Vanessa Cox exit the Sky Living series before the first elimination, unable to cope with the pressure of the reality show.

Host Elle Macpherson announces Catherine's departure to her fellow judges when they arrive for the first photo shoot of the series in Dubai, commenting: "We've had one girl leave, which I'm devastated by as I thought she was fabulous, Catherine.

"She just felt that it was going to be too stressful for her and so she's left us."

Later, Vanessa meets with judges Whitney Port and Tyson Beckford to confirm that she is also withdrawing from the competition.

"I'm missing home, especially my daughter, and it's really hard for me. Everything's getting a bit too much for me and I can't handle it," says Vanessa. "I gave it a go, and it's an amazing experience, but it's just not for me."

Beckford offers sympathy to the departing girl, commenting: "To be a young mother and to be in this industry, it's hard."

Tyson Beckford, Elle MacPherson, Julien MacDonald and Whitney Port at the launch of Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model at Claridges Hotel in London

The other 18 girls remain in the competition and take part in a Dubai swimwear photo shoot hoping to secure a spot in the Top Model house.