Search This Blog

maandag 13 augustus 2012

Joe McElderry on 'X Factor' snub: 'I don't care'

Joe McElderry has insisted that he is fine with being excluded from The X Factor's new advertising campaign.

ITV unveiled its 'Whose Time Is Now' promo last month, featuring Leona Lewis, One Direction, Olly Murs, Alexandra Burke, JLS and Little Mix talking about their success since the show.

McElderry, along with fellow winners Shayne Ward, Matt Cardle, Leon Jackson and Steve Brookstein, were not included in the commercial.

"I'm not on Simon's [Cowell] label so I wouldn't expect him to promote me," McElderry told the Daily Star Sunday.

"If they want to erase the fact I won X Factor or try to hide it, I don't care.

"Personally I am proud I came from The X Factor. If Simon doesn't feel the same then you'll have to ask him why."

Ward recently hit out at his exclusion from the promo campaign.

He said: "Just seen the new X Factor promo video. Yet again it's like I'm being erased slowly from their history. Pathetic really. Would love to know why?"