Search This Blog

donderdag 9 augustus 2012

Pink rejected 'X Factor', 'Idol', 'The Voice': 'People would hate me'

Pink has revealed that she turned down offers to judge The X Factor, American Idol and The Voice.

The 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)' singer declined the roles because she felt viewers would "hate" her for giving contestants the truth.

"I was offered The Voice in Australia plus American Idol and The X Factor," she confirmed to Australia's Herald Sun. "I said no because you can't be honest.

"People will hate you if you're honest. Simon Cowell is the only person who gets away with it because he's got an accent. And he's a man.

"People would just hate me more than they already do. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. Besides, you can sing karaoke anywhere."

Pink has also confirmed that she will collaborate with Eminem on her forthcoming album The Truth About Love.

The singer's sixth studio LP is released in the UK on September 17 and a day later in the US.