Search This Blog

donderdag 4 oktober 2012

'Inbetweeners' Simon Bird: 'I nearly died filming Friday Night Dinner'

Simon Bird has revealed that he thought he was dying while filming Friday Night Dinner.

The Inbetweeners actor explained that he and co-star Tom Rosenthal would often try to make their violent scenes look as a realistic as possible on the Channel 4 sitcom.

"We did hurt each other quite regularly. When I hurt Tom, he would get me back on the next take," he told The Sun.

"It did escalate. Tom got really into the bit when he is strangling me. There was definitely a moment I thought, 'This is the end', I could see the light at the end of the tunnel."

He added: "While acting, you want to make it look real, so when we gave each other dead arms or tried to strangle each other, we did it properly. We did have to stop filming because Tom has a weak knee and one of his ligaments snapped after I jumped on him.

"But it was in the script - I wasn't just doing these things off my own back."

Bird also spoke about a possible second Inbetweeners movie, stating that he would never say never to a sequel.

"We all think The Inbetweeners might have come to its natural conclusion. But we love working with writers Iain Morris and Damon Beesley, so if they had an idea we would definitely talk about it."

Friday Night Dinner returns to Channel 4 on Sunday, October 7 at 10.05pm.