Search This Blog

donderdag 4 oktober 2012

'X Factor' Lucy Spraggan: 'My granddad discovered I was gay on Google'

X Factor finalist Lucy Spraggan has opened up about her sexuality, revealing that her grandfather found out from Google that she is gay.

The 21-year-old explained that while she has "always been out", some of her loved ones only discovered by accident after she found fame on the show.

"I was never really 'in'," she told Look. "I made my family call me Max when I was 4 and shaved my head to look like a boy... there was no shock."

She continued: "My granddad found out on Google recently and said, 'We've got loads of grandchildren, one of them was bound to be gay'."

Spraggan also revealed that most of her songs were written about a 27-year-old ex-girlfriend from when she was 18.

The 'Last Night' singer previously said that inspiring other young people to come out is "the biggest compliment ever".