Search This Blog

woensdag 23 januari 2013

Celebrity Big Brother: Heidi and Spencer explain clap-gate


Heidi and Spencer's feud with their fellow Celebrity Big Brother housemates has calmed down today (January 22) after an open discussion about clap-gate.

The US reality TV couple riled their co-stars yesterday when they clapped during the news that Claire Richards would not get a letter from her family. The Steps star was denied the letter after Speidi refused to take part in a task for Big Brother, which would have involved them being separated.

Tricia Penrose brought the duo back into the fold today, insisting that she knew the pair were "nice people". "I just want everyone to be happy. I don't like this atmosphere," she said.

Heidi used the opportunity to explain her actions, commenting: "We thought they would separate us for days and that's why we said no. If they gave us a costume we would have loved to do it and we asked, 'Can't we do anything else like other people have?' and they said 'no'.

"We didn't come on the show to be apart - it could have gone on for days like the basement."

Spencer added: "The clap was misinterpreted because everyone was clapping for each team. And then no-one clapped for us."

Heidi said: "I didn't mean to and we talked about it before, and we were like, 'Let's not say anything'. Everyone was clapping for everyone and I felt really proud that we didn't get separated for days so I did a quick clap. And Spencer felt bad, so he clapped and tried to cover for me.

"It's totally my fault, I didn't mean to clap. I just thought, 'At least we were fighting for our marriage' and clapped and then they said, 'Claire's not getting her letter' right when I did that."

Spencer concluded: "And I clapped because Rylan was like, 'Don't clap Heidi' and so I was like, 'It can't just be Heidi!' and clapped."

Rylan said that their explanation "makes so much sense now" and said that he felt like a "weight has gone off [his] shoulders" after their comments.

Heidi revealed: "That's why we were laughing in the bedroom. It came across so wrong. I thought, 'Oh no, I can't believe I did that'. Everyone was clapping and I was in clap mode. And I thought, 'This turned out so wrong'."

Celebrity Big Brother airs every night on Channel 5.