Search This Blog

zaterdag 5 januari 2013

Matt Cardle ends James Arthur feud: 'I'd go for a pint with him'


Matt Cardle has seemingly ended his feud with X Factor 2012 winner James Arthur.

The 2010 series champion - who late last year embarked on a Twitter spat with the 'Impossible' singer - said that he would like to take Arthur out for a pint.

During an interview on ITV's Loose Women this afternoon (January 4), Cardle admitted that he bore no hard feelings towards the 24-year-old.

"Look, he said something offensive to me," Cardle told panellists Carol Vorderman, Linda Robson, Janet Street-Porter and Jane McDonald.

"[He said] that [previous X Factor winners] had written bad albums and that's fair enough, he's entitled to an opinion but we're talking about some brilliant song writers that I wrote the songs with," Cardle explained.

"I gave him some friendly advice to try and keep your mouth shut a little bit."

He continued: "I think he's brilliant. I think James is a very, very talented man, I'm sure he'll go very far."

When Robson asked whether the pair had made amends, Cardle added: "We haven't been for a pint yet [but] I'd love to go for a pint with him."

X Factor 2005 winner Shayne Ward also recently came forward to give Arthur advice about the music industry.

Speaking at the launch of the latest series of ITV's Dancing on Ice, Ward - who is to appear as a contestant on the show - said that the Teesside native should "listen and learn" as much as he can early on.

"My advice to him... Just learn as much as you can from the get go," said Ward. "It's easy to have the wrong type of people around you."