Search This Blog

woensdag 9 januari 2013

Tina Malone: 'Splash! is garbage, don't vote for me'


Tina Malone has described Splash! as "garbage" television, despite being a contestant on it.

The Shameless actress is one of several celebrities taking part in the ITV reality series, which sees stars attempting high dives each week under Tom Daley's mentorship.

Malone admitted that she signed up for the show - along with several other reality shows in the past - for the "big fat cheque" that went with it.

"Diving off a three-metre board into an 18ft pool is absolutely horrendous," she told Liverpool radio station Juice FM.

"I'm 50 years of age in two weeks. I haven't seen my final swimming costume yet – but I hope it's going to be a tent. But on a serious note I'm an actor, not a celebrity. It's the big fat cheques that make me happy.

"That's why I've done Celebrity Come Dine With Me, Celebrity Four Weddings – which I won – and Celebrity Big Brother, which I knew I'd only be in for 15 days. But, unfortunately, you have to do this garbage."

> Splash!: TV belly flop or guilty Saturday night pleasure?

Malone also pleaded with viewers not to vote for her in Splash!, saying she still gets her cheque if she only does one dive.

She said: "Don't keep me in Splash!. I still get the same money if I do one heat or three heats, so don't vote for Tina Malone. Thank you!"

Sugababes singer Jade Ewen, comedians Dom Joly and Omid Djalili and model Caprice are among the stars taking part in the show.