Search This Blog

vrijdag 4 januari 2013

Tom Daley: 'You'll be surprised by celebrities on Splash!'


Tom Daley has revealed that he was "surprised" by some of the celebrities taking part in Splash!.

The Olympic bronze medallist is mentoring a group of stars in the upcoming ITV reality show, who will attempt a series of high dives each week.

Talking about the celebrities taking part - including the likes of Omid Djalili and Jade Ewen - he told Daybreak: "You're gonna be surprised, the people you wouldn't think are very good, actually are.

"I don't think they realised how hard the ten-metre board was. TV doesn't give the perspective of how high it is. It is the height of two double decker buses and half a car. If you imagine standing on that, it does get a bit scary."

On his new role of coaching beginners, he said: "It's possible to teach people to dive, you'll be surprised how much you learn in one session. [In the show] you have to get them to a certain standard to do one dive."

When asked how he has managed to get his toned physique, he said: "If you spend six days a week and about five hours a day in the gym doing diving, you start to develop muscle."

Speaking about his future plans, he added: "I'd love to upgrade the colour of my medal in Rio [in 2016].

"In theory I could do up to five [Olympics], because my synch partner in the games was 30, and by 30 that'll be my fifth Olympic Games.

"I'll be 22 in 2016 which will be my peak [age] so 2016 and 2020 might be my final two games."

Tom Daley recently said that he would like a career in TV presenting after he finishes diving.